MyBeautyHacks (“We”) know that you, the user, care about how information about you is used, shared, and processed, and we appreciate your trust in using our services.
Any processing of information gathered as a result of the use of this website by consumers or other persons is governed by the provisions of data protection legislation, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and the Maltese Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta).
The Data Controller of our website is Sarah Stellini, whose office is situated at International House, Mdina Road, Mriehel.
Data we collect
We collect your personal information in order to be able to improve our products and provide you with a better quality of service.
The following is a list of the information we gather:
- Identity Data; including
- Your name;
- Your surname;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Contact Data; including
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your mobile number;
- Financial information includes bank account and payment card details;
- Any other information you voluntarily provide;
How we collect your data
- When you provide the details necessary for registration to use this website;
- When you register for a special marketing campaign;
- When you place an order;
- Information provided at the time of sign up for our email newsletters
- When you register for any loyalty scheme that we offer from time to time;
- When you request that promotional emails be sent to you;
- Information provided when completing surveys for research purposes;
- Information provided when you contact our Customer Care Team;
- Any other time you provide any information about yourself;
How we use your information
- We use your information in the following ways:
- to deliver your purchases to you;
- to provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice;
- to send you service messages by email, SMS or otherwise, such as order updates;
- to create and manage your MyBeautyHacks account;
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns;
- for security and to check your identity;
- to provide you with marketing or promotional material (where you have consented for us to do so);
- to show you MyBeautyHacks adverts as you browse the web;
- to direct you to the right part of the website;
- to communicate with you.
Any personal data that you provide us with during the registration process will be stored in our database and may not need to be re-entered with each new order, in order to provide a smoother user experience.
Should you wish for us to delete any or all of your personal data, simply send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via telephone at (-).
Any personal data being held with regard to any accounts which are inactive for a period of two (2) years will be automatically deleted.
A cookie is usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. They are used by web developers to help users navigate their websites efficiently and perform certain functions. Cookies allow our website to keep track user activity on our website and allow us to analyse such activity to provide you with a better shopping experience. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity, thereby distinguishing the user from others using the site. Due to their core role of enhancing/enabling usability or site processes. Disabling cookies may result in a sub-optimal user experience.
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available:
- Your operating system;
- Your browser type;
- Your system information;
We may use this information to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and shall not be used in any way for the purposes of identifying an individual.
We are committed towards ensuring that any data collected in relation to this website is kept securely at all times. We have taken all reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of this information through the installation of appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information collected through our website.
Storage of Data:
We securely store your data on secure servers distributed within the European Union (EU). Sensitive data stored is stored encrypted in the database. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We use 256-bit SSL Software to encrypt your information when you place an order on our secure server. All payment transactions are processed by Endeavour’s Internet Secure Payment Gateway, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.